Welcome!

I'm James Maxey, the author of numerous novels of fantasy and science fiction. I use this site to discuss a wide range of topics, with a heavy emphasis on cranky, uninformed rants about politics and religion and other topics that polite people attempt to avoid. For anyone just wanting to read about my books, I maintain a second blog, The Prophet and the Dragon, where I keep the focus solely on my fiction. I also have a webpage where both blogs stream, with more information about all my books, at jamesmaxey.net.

Instagram

Monday, March 11, 2013

Week 6: 234

Back down to 234. I got in a six mile hike on Saturday that I think did the trick. If I hadn't stuffed myself on Sunday night, I might have been even lower. But, with the nice weather, we had some friends over for a cookout, and one of the guests brought a chocolate cake, and it would have been rude not to eat a piece or two.

Mr. Cavin advised me to wrap my knee before hiking to help with the knee pain and, wow, it worked great! I had zero pain during the hike, and no significant stiffness the following morning. I would have been happy if it had helped reduce the pain, oh, fifty percent. I didn't expect it to remove the knee pain completely. We'll see if the results hold up this week, which has a lot more walking slated due to the longer daylight hours thanks to last weekend's time change.

No comments: