Welcome!

I'm James Maxey, the author of numerous novels of fantasy and science fiction. I use this site to discuss a wide range of topics, with a heavy emphasis on cranky, uninformed rants about politics and religion and other topics that polite people attempt to avoid. For anyone just wanting to read about my books, I maintain a second blog, The Prophet and the Dragon, where I keep the focus solely on my fiction. I also have a webpage where both blogs stream, with more information about all my books, at jamesmaxey.net.

Instagram

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A warning to all mankind!

So, last night I stopped by the Dollar General and noticed they had two-liter generic soda called "Cloverleaf Cola" that was two bottles for a dollar and I thought, "Hey! How bad can it be?"

As near as I can tell, they flavor it with actual cloverleafs. The closest thing I can compare it to, taste-wise, is wilted celery.

I'm posting this in hopes that the youth of America may learn from my mistakes.

2 comments:

rastronomicals said...

Believe it or not, Celery soda is quite popular in some quarters.

Most New York style delis stock the stuff.

James Maxey said...

Ras,

This is why mankind is doomed. The Lord can probably turn a blind eye to gay marriage, out of wedlock babies, pre-emptive wars, and the Rolling Stones continuing to tour. But celery soda is an abomination. We've gone too far. Hug your loved ones tonight. It may be your last chance.